The UFAWU-Unifor can offer you safety and protection while we help you "organize" your workplace.
Things to Consider
- Are people not being treated fairly?
- Is there favouritism for callout or better jobs?
- Is the active fishermen or tendermen's share too small?
- Are your wages or prices lower than they should be?
- Is your benefits package poor or non-existent?
- Talk it over with a few trusted co-workers
- Contact UFAWU-Unifor
- Union staff will give you the tools and help talk to other plant members or boat crew about joining UFAWU-Unifor.
- Once more than 51% sign a Union Card, then we apply to the Labour Relations Board for Certification.
- If the Labour Relations Board determines that the majority signed cards the UFAWU-Unifor will be certified to be the collective bargaining agent
- The next step is to elect your Negotiating Committee, then the Committee and the Union negotiate a FIRST Collective Agreement.