Tendermen covered by UFAWU contracts have benefits:
- Tendermen’s severance pay
- Tendermen’s Pension
- Medical, Dental and Extended
- Health Benefits
- Benefit Fund coverage:
- Dental and Extended Health
- Lost Time due to Accident or Sickness or Maternity
- Travel to an out of town doctor
- Loss of Life
- Total Disability
Tendermen have severance pay under certain conditions: If you lose your job due to the company closing down or merging with another, if you retire between 60-70 years old or if you become ill. Click here for more details on severance pay and contact the UFAWU.
Tendermen are covered by the Tendermen’s Pension Plan. You will receive your Pension Statements each spring. Your pension is complex and any questions should be directed to the Pension Fund at 604 519 3636.
The Tendermen’s Collective Agreement has coverage for medical, dental and extended health benefits.
These benefits are in addition to your Benefit Fund coverage below. Contact the company to enroll.
You are also covered by the United Fishermen’s Benefit Fund.
Click on the links below to download or print the forms:
- United Fishermen’s Benefit Fund Coverage Leaflet
- Extended Health additional coverage to the contract coverage above
- Additional dental coverage to the contract coverage above
- Weekly Indemnity for missed work due to sickness, maternity or accident not covered by WCB or ICBC
- Hospital to help cover any hospital costs for nights spent in hospital
- Travel assistance for out of Town Travel for Medical Treatment
- Shipwreck to help with the loss of personal items
- Loss of life to assist your family
- Total disability to help you
For information or assistance, please call the United Fishermen’s Benefit Fund at 604 519 3634 or contact the UFAWU.
These Benefits were won by tendermen through UFAWU negotiations and struggle.
Honourary Tendermen Members and Registered Retired Members
If you have retired, are 60 years or older and have after 10 years of continuous UFAWU membership, you can apply for your Honourary Membership within 1 year of retiring.
UFAWU-Unifor Honourary Membership Dues are $36 per year.
One of the Benefits of being an Honourary Tenderman Member is your eligibility for retirement benefits from the United Fishermen’s Benefit Fund.
Go to the United Fishermen’s Benefits page to see Retired Members Benefits.